1. What was the best part about working with Ryan?
* He delivered! He came in, shot us straight, said what he could do for us, and then did it. He also does it with an old fashioned flair, what’s right is right and he was self sacrificing in doing so. This did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
2. Where was there room for improvement?
* I honestly can’t think of anything that he would need to improve upon. Anything that I could fit in here could be written off by how needy we were as clients…..and he handle all of that with class and high end customer service.
3. If you were to recommend Ryan to someone else, why would you say that they should work with him?
* There are several reasons but the main reason being that he does business the right way. His follow up practices with us before he was awarded the work was also a key factor! You could tell that he wanted the work and that made us confident that he would come in and work hard for us! And, he did!!
Ryan, we truly appreciate your efforts in getting us moved on to our next adventure! I am certain that God placed us with the right agent at the right time….that meant that everything we did up and until that point was meant to happen, no matter how frustrating it was until you came aboard. We have already passed your name along and will continue to do so with people we know and any other opportunities we come across to do so.
Dan H. February 3, 2016
As I have told you all along this long ,drawn out process I have been extremely impressed with your ability to solve the problems that kept arising. You are very personable and honest and we finally were able to close thanks to your hard work. I think your straight forward approach to real estate will serve you well in the future. I actually feel somewhat guilty knowing your compensation vs the hours you put in on the project- I guess you can put this one into the “Tuition” part of your career. I don’t really have any areas that I feel you need improvement in- you showed the property multiple times, got offers and kept at the marketing. I guess your initial price point could have been more accurate, but I still had a tenant in there when we 1st listed it- after he moved out all the problems became quite apparent. I would definitely recommend you to anyone looking to sell their house, especially if it has problems- you proved yourself to be diligent and persistent until the deal was closed. You were very accommodating when it came to executing the documents and made everything very easy for me to close. Thanks again for a job well done!
Steve W. February 3, 2016
Always positive and timely on responses. Always positive and timely on responses. Was great to work with. Would definitely recommend to others.
Tobe E. February 3, 2016
1) Clarity of the process – I don’t think I ever wondered where we were in the process, and if I did, it was due to waiting on buyers’ answers
2) Flexibility – we adjusted when we were moving, and how closing needed to happen, and you didn’t blink an eye
3) Pricing Effectiveness – Our goal was to move the house quickly without taking a hit, and you made that happen
4) We still drove crucial decisions – we happened to take your advice 100% of the time, but I know that if we would’ve said “list it here” or “we don’t want to give them that allowance,” you would’ve worked hard to succeed anyway
Opportunities for Growth:
1) I understand that the comps drive the real price you are going to use, but from a buyer’s point of view, I really would have felt more comfortable if we had walked through the house prior to having the comps conversation. In reality, you will rarely, if ever, change your number. From my perspective, sellers like to know that if you see something that can impact the price (up or down), you had the opportunity to see it. Our house is so stock that it was a non-issue in practice, but the emotional feeling of knowing that you know OUR house is big.
2) Making a few detailed observations during the walk through. We liked the list of “how to prep your house for moving,” but noticing and pointing things out that need fixed/staged so that we can feel prepped. (A friend of ours mentioned her realtor was excellent at this, and we felt a little like we were guessing)
a. Clearly our method turned out fine based on the results, but I can imagine for the buyer who wants to push the envelope on price, who is on the edge of the price where they need to be, or who has a higher-dollar house, that staging REALLY matters.
What I’d say:
1) Ryan moves houses. The first 30 days of a house being listed are critical, and Ryan’s strategy embraces these 30 days. We had a house on our block with almost the exact amenities and square footage and was built at the same time. Their realtor had them list at significantly higher than us, likely playing the old ask high, then negotiate, game. Ryan helped us price ours to move it. Our house sold in 48 hours, theirs took roughly 60 days, and the final prices were almost identical all said and done.
Shane G. February 3, 2016
1. The best part about working with Ryan is that he worked. He worked to get the house sold in the winter when it is hard to sell (and even harder to sell because we had been selling by owner for a 7 months prior). He worked to smooth out the closing process when issues came up. He worked and had advice / recommendations prepared in advance before he brought decisions to our attention. There are other good things about working with Ryan: He’s creative, he’s cooperative, he’s analytic, he understands human psyche.
2. This is not major, but a refinement suggestion — for when the house is in the “closing” process. There were a few times over the time period where I was wondering what was going on, and a lot of stuff had happened. I think that Ryan had communicated with me the amount that I had requested (ie, I only want big picture updates), but found that in reality I wanted to have “regular” (ie periodic) updates while the house was in the closing process. This is a hard thing to do right (read a client’s mind!), so not really anything I can tangibly suggest here, except maybe to ask a calibration question a week into the closing process to make sure the client hasn’t changed their mind.
3. I’m not sure I can come up with a short version of this answer: a) I know he worked hard (such as calling for 3 hrs each day for his clients), b) His pricing of a house using comparables is superior to other agents, c) I know he understands human psyche and the emotional aspect of selling — and this allows him to be effective, d) He maintains a positive and good attitude despite setbacks, e) He has good contractors and home improvement suggestions that are schedule and fiscally optimized, f) He works well with other agents, g) He is priced competitively (6% instead of 7%) which gives you negotiation flexibility that you wouldn’t have with a more expensive agent. Really, I feel like I could write a few pages on why someone should work with Ryan.
Sean M. February 3, 2016
1. The best part of working with you was your professional knowledge and appearance, your personable delivery and keeping us in the loop of communication, and we were happy to get the proceeds from the sale of the house.
2. Is there room for improvement? We wondered if Open House showings might help get people in to see the place. How do you get people ot to see the house without an Open House?
3. If we were to recommend you to someone, it would be because we were happy with out results! Ryan, you are conscientious, diligent and motivated.
Beverly C. February 3, 2016
You impressed me with your desire to learn and with your enthusiasm. You were prompt in answering my phone calls and my questions. I think they will be impressed with the fact that you’re willing to go the extra mile.
Kathy W. February 3, 2016
House Selling Specialist are great! The whole real estate team.
I've worked with a lot of realtors in my time and these folks are the top 1% who specialize in selling houses.
Just talk with them, you'll see how committed and dedicated they are to servicing what you need to get the best price in the right time for your home.
It's just a small bonus that he's fun as heck to work with. Turning paperwork into fun is kind of a hard feat but they do it with a sense of fun humor and sincere kindness. It's impossible to enjoy ever second of every moment when doing real estate transactions, at least for me, but it's good to know you have a team dedicated to helping you. Nice to have that extra sense of reassurance and security.
Ryan T. January 18, 2018
Ryan is an Ultimate seasoned professional who puts the needs and wants of his clients first! Pleasure working with him and would highly recommend him to all potential buyers and sellers. I have been working with many Realtors over the years and find Ryan one of the few agents who tell it like it is without making open ended promises! He has shown me many properties that I have a high interest in while other Realtors show me properties that waste my time. If you’re looking for a no nonsense seasoned veteran, Ryan gets my vote!
Manny T. January 18, 2018
Had a great experience listing my home with Ryan and his team. Everything went smoothly and he responded quickly to all my texts and emails. He provided me some great feed back on my home and I wouldn't hesitate to use him again in the future.
Paul K. January 18, 2018